Healthy workplaces can help to make businesses more productive and employees more engaged. Therefore, promoting and supporting health in the workplace is not only common sense, but it makes good business sense too.
Here are some facts and figures about the positive benefits a workplace health program could have in the workplace:
- It has been estimated that the healthiest Australian employees are three times more productive at work than their colleagues.
- The increase in preventable disease and workplace injury resulting from unhealthy living is a major cause of workplace absence or disruption.
- Lifestyle risk factors such as smoking, excessive drinking, poor diet, inactivity and excess body weight can contribute to time away from work.
- Loss in productivity due to obesity through absenteeism, attending work when sick and premature death is estimated to cost $6.4 billion a year.
Apple and cinnamon bites
(per single serve)
- Carbs: 7.8g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Fat: 0.4g
- 40g Vision Vanilla Protein Powder
- 30g oats
- 30g pitted dates
- 75g dried apple
- 5g cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients together in a high speed blender or food processor to form a thick paste, adding a small amount of water if necessary.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon out mixture and roll into small balls. Place in the fridge for approximately 1 hour and store in an airtight container.